2013 BMW M135i Hatchback
2013 BMW M135i HatchbackSource: BMW
portfolio | web site
Posted: 14 May 2012
The new three-door BMW 1 Series.
(13.05.2012) -- The sporty and elegant design of the new three-door model, along with additional engine choices, are distinguishing features that sharpen the unmistakable profile of the BMW 1 Series as the recognised standard of sheer driving pleasure in the premium compact car segment. Powerful petrol and diesel engines with BMW TwinPower Turbo technology, the latest chassis design and rear-wheel drive, which is unique for a vehicle in this class, guarantee a sporty driving experience which is reflected in the dynamic and lean appearance of the new three-door BMW 1 Series.
- Second body variant added to the new BMW 1 Series; Latest edition of the three-door version impressively underscores the compact model's sporting characteristics; Sporty, elegant design and attractive supplements to the drive portfolio strengthen the BMW Series' unsurpassed position within the segment characterised by the unique rear-wheel drive system and superior handling; Highlight in the model range: the BMW M135i.
- New three-door BMW 1 Series with powerful, brand-typical proportions; Unique appearance thanks to dynamically stretched side line; Wide doors with frameless windows; Side window graphics flowing seamlessly into the B pillar and strongly retracted side window graphics; powerfully contoured side panels with particularly distinctive accentuation of the rear wheel arches; Side sill line extending to the front, underscoring the dynamically stretched character of the vehicle's silhouette.
- Precise individualisation thanks to BMW Sport Line, BMW Urban Line and M Sport Package; Harmoniously matching, exclusive design and equipment features as an alternative to the basic variant; BMW M135i with model-specific exterior and interior design directly attuned to the technical requirements.
- Interior features, sporty appearance and handling profit from increased body length (+85 millimetres), wheelbase (+30 millimetres), track width (front: + 51, rear +72 millimetres) and width (+17 millimetres) in comparison to the predecessor model, with vehicle height remaining the same; Choice of two or three seats respectively at the rear, 21 millimetres more legroom at the rear, luggage compartment increased by 30 litres to 360 litres; Storage capacity of up to 1 200 litres thanks to foldable rear seat back (40 : 20 : 40 split folding optional).
Widened choice of petrol and diesel engines featuring BMW TwinPower Turbo technology; BMW 114i as new entry-level version with 75 kW/102 hp; Also available at market launch:
- BMW 116i (100 kW/136 hp), BMW 125i (160 kW/218 hp),
- BMW 116d (85 kW/116 hp), BMW 118d (105 kW/143 hp) and the
- BMW 125d (160 kW/218 hp) and the BMW 116d EfficientDynamics Edition with 85 kW/116 hp, additional fuel efficiency measures and a CO2 emissions level of 99 g/km in the EU test cycle.
- First ever BMW M Performance automobile to feature a petrol engine: BMW M135i with a 3-litre, straight six-cylinder engine and 235 kW/320 hp as well as M-characteristic suspension components and aerodynamically optimised body features; Highest level of performance and the most outstanding efficiency within the competitive environment; Typical M-style coherence between drive, suspension technology and aerodynamic balance as well as model-specific interior design for unmistakeable driving pleasure in a compact model; BMW M135i also available as a five-door version.
Also available from November 2012:
- BMW 118i (125 kW/170 hp),
- BMW 120d (135 kW/184 hp) as well as intelligent four-wheel drive
- BMW xDrive featured for the first time in the BMW 1 Series on the models BMW M135i xDrive and BMW 120d xDrive; BMW xDrive simultaneously available also for the 5-door version of the
- BMW 1 Series.
- All engine variants come with optimised six-speed manual transmissions as standard; Unique option in the compact segment: eight-speed automatic transmission or eight-speed automatic sports transmission; Comprehensive use of BMW EfficientDynamics technology including Auto Start Stop function in conjunction with manual and automatic transmissions as well as ECO PRO mode, which can be activated in conjunction with the Driving Experience Control function offered as standard.
- Vehicle concept perfectly attuned to driving pleasure, with longitudinally mounted engines, rear-wheel drive, harmonious weight distribution and sophisticated suspension technology; Best agility in the segment combined with optimised riding comfort; Double-joint spring-strut front axle, five-link rear axle; Exceptionally precise electromechanical power steering free from drive train influences; Variable sports steering as an option; DSC Dynamic Stability Control including DTC and Active Differential Brake (ADB-Sport) on the rear axle as standard; Torsion-resistant body structure; Comprehensive safety features.
- Optimised premium interior ambience thanks to excellent material quality and craftsmanship; Interior with driver-oriented cockpit; Control display of the optional operating system iDrive fitted as a firmly integrated onboard monitor sporting an exclusive BMW flat screen design.
- Wide range of driver assistant systems and mobility services from BMW ConnectedDrive that are unique in the compact segment: High-Beam Assistant, Adaptive Headlights, Rear View Camera, Lane Departure Warning incl. Rear Collision Warning, Parking Assistant, Cruise Control with braking function, Speed Limit Info with No Passing Indicator, Internet access, enhanced integration of smartphones and music players, Real-Time Traffic Information and Apps for personalised web radio reception and for access to Facebook and Twitter.
Specifications. The new BMW 1 Series 5 Door Hatch. M135i
No. of doors/seats: 5 / 5
L/W/H1 (unladen) mm: 4340 / 1765 / 1411
Wheelbase mm: 2690
Front/rear track mm: 1512 / 1532
Ground clearance mm: 130
Turning circle m: 10.9
Fuel capacity approx. l: 52
Cooling and heating system reservoir capacity l: 6.7 (7.2)
Engine oil capacity2 l: 6.5
Weight, unladen (DIN/EU) kg: 1430 / 1505 (1445 / 1520)
Payload (DIN) kg: 530
Permitted total weight kg: 1960 (1975)
Permitted axle load, front/rear kg: 950 (960) / 1110
Permitted trailer load (12%) braked/unbraked kg: – / –
Permitted roof load/trailer download kg: 75 / –
Luggage compartment capacity l: 360 – 1200
Aerodynamic drag cc x A: 0.33 x 2.14
Type/no. of cylinders/valves: in-line / 6 / 4
Engine technology: M TwinPower Turbo technology with twin-scroll turbocharger, High Precision Injection, VALVETRONIC fully variable valve control and Double-VANOS variable camshaft control
Effective capacity cc: 2979
Stroke/bore mm: 89.6 / 84.0
Compression ratio :1 10.2
Fuel type: min. RON 91
Output kW/hp: 235 / 320
at rpm min–1: 5800
Torque (with overboost) Nm: 450
at rpm min–1: 1250–5000
Battery charge/location Ah/–: 80 / luggage compartment
Alternator current/output A/W: 210 / 2940
Driving Dynamics and Safety
Front suspension: Aluminium double-joint cross-strut axle with M-specific elastokinematics
Rear suspension: Lightweight steel five-link with double elastic bearing
Front brakes: Four-piston swing-calliper disc brakes
Diameter mm: 3/air-cooled
Rear brakes: Two-piston swing-calliper disc brakes
Diameter mm: 3/air-cooled
Driving stability systems - As standard: DSC inc. ABS, ASC and DTC (Dynamic Traction Control), CBC Cornering Brake Control, DBC Dynamic Brake Control, brake drying function, fading compensation, hill assist
Safety equipment - As standard: driver and front-seat passenger airbags, driver and front-seat passenger side airbags, front and rear head airbags, three-point automatic seatbelts for all seats, seatbelt tensioners and seatbelt force limiters in front seats, crash sensors, tyre pressure warning
Steering: Electromechanical power steering (EPS), Variable Sport Steering
Overall steering ratio :1 15.0
Front/rear tyres: 225/40 R18 88Y/ 245/35 R18 88Y
Front/rear wheels: 7.5J x 18 light-alloy/ 8J x 18 light-alloy
Comfort - Optional: BMW Assist including information service, remote functions, Real Time Traffic Information, BMW TeleServices, mobile device integration
Information and entertainment - Optional: Internet connectivity, BMW Online including parking information, country information, Google business search, news, real-time weather, BMW Routes, office functions, Bluetooth audio streaming, online music title update, apps
Safety - Optional: Adaptive Headlights with turning lights, variable light distribution, Adaptive Headlight range adjustment, high beam assistance, park distance control, reversing camera, cruise control with brake function, parking assistant, Lane Departure Warning with Collision Warning, speed limit and no passing information, extended emergency call
Type of gearbox: 6-speed manual (optional: 8-speed automatic with Steptronic)
Gear ratios I :1 4.110 (4.714)
II :1 2.315 (3.143)
III :1 1.542 (2.106)
IV :1 1.179 (1.667)
V :1 1.000 (1.285)
VI :1 0.846 (1.000)
VII :1 – (0.839)
VIII :1 – (0.667)
R :1 3.727 (3.295)
:1 3.077 (3.077)
Weight-to-power ratio (DIN) - kg/kW: 6.1 (6.1)
Specific power output - kW/l: 78.9
0–100 km/h sec.: 5.1 (4.9)
0–1,000 m sec.: 23.9 (23.8)
in 4th/5th gear 80–120 km/h sec.: 4.3 / 5.0
Max. speed km/h: 250 (250)
BMW EfficientDynamics - BMW EfficientDynamics Features included as standard: Brake Energy Regeneration, electromechanical power steering, Automatic Start/Stop function, gear shift indicator (manual), ECO PRO mode, intelligent lightweight construction, automatically disconnecting ancillary components, map-regulated oil pump, differential with optimized-warm-up behaviour, tyres with reduced rolling resistance
Fuel consumption (EU)
Urban l/100 km: 11.2 (10.3)
Extra-urban l/100 km: 6.2 (5.8)
Total l/100 km: 8.0 (7.5)
CO2 emissions g/km: 188 (175)
Emissions standard EU5
From Twitter05/31/2013 - blancoarchitect - link
"Please give a moment of silence for the monster that is the via @covercars
05/31/2013 - covercars - link
Driven: BMW M135i – It may be pocket-sized but it has the sound of fury: 2013 BMW M135i Looking for a sports h...
05/31/2013 - freak_speed - link
BMW M135i 2013 Pictures: .
05/26/2013 - samsallstarz - link - photo
2013 BMW M135i HD Funny Commercial Christmas - 2013 New Car Review HD -
05/23/2013 - jakewen - link
BMW M135i v Audi RS3: Road, Track, Drag-race. - CH
05/22/2013 - azryafikry - link
BMW Luncurkan Hatchback Performa M135i
05/07/2013 - schubert87 - link
2013 BMW M135i HD Funny Commercial Christmas 2012 Carjam TV HD Car TV Show 2013
From WikipediaBayerische Motoren Werke AG pronunciation (BMW; English: Bavarian Motor Works) is a German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company founded in 1917. BMW is headquartered in Munich, Bavaria, Germany. It also owns and produces the Mini marque, and is the parent company of Rolls-Royce Motor Cars. BMW produces motorcycles under BMW Motorrad and Husqvarna brands. In 2010, the BMW group produced 1,481,253 automobiles and 112,271 motorcycles across all its brands.
Web Page Copyright © 1998-2013 MotorCities.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
BMW M135i Pictures and all other Media Copyright of Respective Owners.
Upload Yours | Car Pictures | Car Stock Photos | Site Map