MP4-12C EMBARKS ON TOUR OF NEW McLAREN AUTOMOTIVE RETAILERS IN NORTH AMERICA
Following the successful North American debut of the McLaren MP4-12C at Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance, McLaren Automotive will begin a launch tour of its selected North America dealership locations. Prospective customers will have the opportunity to see the 12C in the metal and speak to the team responsible for groundbreaking newcomer.
A Supernova Silver 12C, Titanium Silver 12C and the XP13 rolling chassis were presented to over 1,000 guests at the Pebble Beach event by a McLaren Automotive team including Managing Director Antony Sheriff and Design Director Frank Stephenson. Visitors to the McLaren Automotive display included Governor of California, Arnold Schwarzenegger and world-famous car collector, Jay Leno.
McLaren Automotive subsequently moved on to Beverly Hills and presented the 12C to prospective customers at its future McLaren Beverly Hills location on Wilshire Boulevard. On Thursday evening the dealership hosted a cocktail reception for approximately 300 guests followed by private viewings of the vehicle throughout the day on Friday and Saturday. Guests were able to get close to the 12C and the positive feedback from sports car owners in California can be seen in a short film entitled "McLaren MP4-12C: The North American Debut". This video can be viewed on McLaren Automotive's official You Tube channel:
On September 1st and 2nd the MP4-12C will be presented by Pfaff Automotive Partner, McLaren's retail partner in Toronto, Ontario. Thereafter, a team of McLaren Automotive experts will visit the following new members of the McLaren family with the 12C:
* McLaren Chicago: Lake Forest Sportscars
* McLaren Dallas: Park Place
* McLaren Greenwich (McLaren's representative in the New York Tri-State area): Miller Motorcars
* McLaren San Francisco: Price Family Dealerships
* McLaren Tampa Bay: Dew Luxury Motor Cars
* The Collection McLaren (representing the Miami market)
These dealerships will be eight of the initial ten launch retailers for the North American market. Two locations, Newport Beach in Orange County, and Philadelphia remain open but will be appointed in the coming weeks.
Tony Joseph, McLaren Automotive's Regional Director for North America said: "Each retailer on this tour will be registering customer interest in the 12C and it's clear from the feedback at the McLaren Beverly Hills event that our prospects in North America really understand our brand and are looking forward to the launch of McLaren Automotive."
"We look forward to delivering a great range of unique, innovative sports cars to customers in North America, with a network of McLaren Automotive retailers committed to delivering an ownership experience every bit as good and revolutionary as the 12C itself."
North American retailers will begin selling the 2012 McLaren MP4-12C from summer 2011 with a base MSRP within a range of between $225,000 and $250,000.
Notes to editors:
* McLaren Automotive's confirmed retailer candidates: McLaren Beverly Hills: The Auto Gallery;
* McLaren Automotive has a rich and seamless heritage in producing premium sports cars for the road. The McLaren F1 road car, which was launched in 1992, set the world land speed record for a production car, and is regarded as one of the best examples of supercar exotica. The Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren, one of the fastest cars on the streets, is also the most successful supercar ever in its price bracket.
* In April 2009, McLaren Automotive was spun off from the McLaren Group as an independent company. It continues to be based at the McLaren Technology Centre in the UK.
* McLaren Automotive recently released details on its debut model, the MP4-12C. Drawing on the company's long-standing Formula 1 experience, the stunning MP4-12C will challenge the very best sports cars on the market when it arrives in North America.
* At the heart of the 12C is a unique one-piece carbon chassis, the ‘MonoCell'. The 12C has been designed around the driver, and its development has been overseen by a team with extensive experience in Formula 1 racing and engineering. Outstanding aerodynamic efficiency and bespoke technologies including Proactive Chassis Control, Seamless Shift dual-clutch Gearbox (SSG), Brake Steer, and the 12C's unique Airbrake feature in a car which has been developed using Formula 1 simulator technology. A 3.8-litre twin turbo V8 engine designed and engineered specifically for the 12C develops 592 horsepower and 443 lb/ft of torque.
From Twitter11/22/2013 - - photo
«@CarPornPics McLaren MP4-12C, 2011 »
06/01/2013 - ADailyCar - photo
Today's car is the McLaren MP4-12C, unveil in 2009 and produced in 2011
05/30/2013 - NJExoticSpotter - link
I added a video to a @YouTube playlist McLaren MP4-12C (2011 Americana Manhasset Concours d'Elegance)
05/26/2013 - LucyBieberF1 - link
@Belieb_Love LOL sorry to bore you further, but the shape is right as are the rear window vents but the side air-
05/25/2013 - ScottiePimpin27 - photo
"@Automotive: McLaren MP4-12C, 2011 " i just nutted a lil bit
05/25/2013 - AlyElKhorieby - photo
“@Automotive: McLaren MP4-12C, 2011 ” Khallaf this is what a McLaren looks like @khallaf_mohamed @Suhaib_HajAli
05/18/2013 - MyDailyDrive - link
Brunch with the new 2011 McLaren MP4-12C -
05/18/2013 - henry_liem1977 - link
I posted 5 photos on Facebook in the album "MINICHAMPS 110133020 MCLAREN MP4-12C - 2011 ORANGE METALLIC"
05/10/2013 - desmoti_tuning - link
McLaren MP4-12C, 2011
★ (Y) ★...« D R I F T I N G »...★ (Y) ★
04/30/2013 - marchettinocom - link
2012 McLaren MP4-12C vs 2011 Porsche 911 Turbo S Drag Racing 1/4 Mile Launch Control 3 Races
04/23/2013 - PrestigeCarComp
Mclaren MP4-12C Coupe (2011) in Titanium Silver (Automatic)
04/17/2013 - ClevelandsTrade - link - photo
lastly will be McLaren MP4-12C in Orange complete with Stig from Top Gear.
04/09/2013 - minimodelcars - link
Just arrived! McLaren MP4-12C with Stig Figure (2011) Diecast Model Car from Top Gear in Orange. 1:18 scale by...
04/06/2013 - yulypis - link
2011 McLaren MP4-12c : In-depth review at Trivett McLaren Sydney Dealership
04/01/2013 - invisioneerform - link
2011 New McLaren MP4-12C Jenson Button OFFICIAL PE - 2013 New Car Review HD
03/30/2013 - MagellanModels - link
New Arrival: Minichamps 2011 McLaren MP4-12C "Top Gear Edition" Diecast Car!
03/26/2013 - BrittneyNicol3 - photo
@N_icolette_10 @samanthaaddi Good thing we've heard of this! Lol “@Automotive: McLaren MP4-12C, 2011 ”
03/23/2013 - AtilaKayaMengil - link
New McLaren MP4 12C Showroom Opening 2011 London - 2013 New Car Review HD: @YouTube aracılığıyla
03/19/2013 - ModelZone - link - photo
Gorgeous 1:18 McLaren MP4 12C 2011, getting prepped for the photo booth -
London, United Kingdom
portfolio | web site
Posted: 26 Aug 2010
From Wikipedia The McLaren MP4-12C is a sports car designed and manufactured by McLaren Automotive. It is the first production car wholly designed and built by McLaren since the McLaren F1. The car's final design was unveiled on 8 September 2009, and was launched in 2011.