Belle Plaine, Kansas, U.S.A.
Portfolio | Web Site
Posted: 05 Jul 2010
Exterior Color: green
Interior Color: green
Miles Driven: 87,995
About This 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle ConcoursWhat a great muscle wagon from the Scooby-Doo Seventies. Owned by an elderly gentleman till he passed recently. Thousands of dollars have been invested in this car to keep it in good driving condition (see included list), most notably a new engine, transmission, rear end and suspension. Paint is also new as of three years ago.
This classic belonged to an elderly gentleman who recently passed away. The following information is a list of things he has already had completed, taken from his hand written notes.
* Body and Paint Appx. 3 yrs. old
* Tailgate was filled so there are no Back-Up Lights or Rear Electric Key Switch
* The Front Fenders and Inner Fenders are new as is the Hood
* The Interior is in very good condition for it's age
* The Dash has a few small hairline cracks in it but no big splits
* The Headliner, Door Panels, Carpet and Rear Wheel Covering appear to be original and in good condition
* The Front Seat and Shoulder Belts are there and good
* The Car originally came with a Remote Drivers Mirror
* The Engine, Transmission, Rear End and Suspension are all new
* 010 Casting* 350 Block Bored .030
* Eagle Rotating Assy. to 383 CI. Compression is true 9.54:1 and runs 87 Octane Fuel
* Vortec Heads, Edelbrock Performer Intake, Matched to Heads
* Carter AVS Carb.
* 224/234. 46S/.488 Lift INT/EXH Camshaft
* Ground Clearence Headers, 2-1/2" Flowmaster Exhaust and Seris 40 Mufflers
* GM 12 Bolt Rearend
* 3:42 Eaton POSI Unit and Moser Forged Axles
* 700R4 4-Speed Auto Transmission and Lock-Up Converter
* Corvette Servos and Clutches
* New Drive Shaft and U-Joints
* Hoskis Sway-Bars Front and Rear, 1-1/14" Front, 1" Rear
* Hoskis 1" Lowering Springs, HD Rears, Tubular Rear Control Arms, Edelbrock IAS Shocks and all New Ball Joints, Tie Rod Ends and Center Link
* PS, PB
* Factory Disc Up Front, New Rotors and Calipers, Drums and Linings
* Factory A/C, Converted to 134A
* Factory Stereo Dash, Custom Auto-Sound AM-FM Cassette
* New Heater Core and Blower Motor
* All Gauges, Idiot Lights and Buzzers work good, needs new wiper switch
* Most Glass is good, Rear Window operates from the Dash Switch
* Windshield is new, Weatherstripping and around Tailgate are new
* Dealer installed Cruise Control Unit needs to be connected to Carb.
* Wheels are American Racing Torque Thrust D'S, 15x7 Front and 15x8 Rears
* Tires are BFG T/A Radial, Rears are new, Fronts about 60%
Overall this is a very good car that needs detailing through out. It runs and drives very good. Over 20 K invested.
This completes his notes, all of the above is true and accurate. I would add the following; The bottom of the Tailgate has minor bubbles in the paint but, should be an easy fix. The rest of the body and paint are in excellent condition, with no signs of rust or imperfections, paint shines nice. Floor Pans are good and look factory. Exhaust System looks new. HEI Distributor looks new. Both Front and Rear Bumpers are in excellent condition, Chrome shines bright. New Four Core Aluminum Radiator. All the Glass is good, all windows and doors operate easily, no door sag. A/C does blow ice cold. The quality, workmanship and preservation of this vehicle is excellent. Just before his passing he purchased a complete stereo system, including built in rear panel speakers.
1972 Chevrolet Chevelle Concours
Chevrolet Chevelle Concours