Wonderfully original Packard Twelve with priceless aged patina. This was a high-dollar luxury car in its day, costing $4,485 in 1935 (that amount would buy you a couple homes back then - $71,370 in 2010 dollars). This particular Twelve was sold new at the Pittsburgh, PA Packard dealership. It graced the Pittsburgh streets for many decades to come. After 75 years, the odometer now reads only 42,627 miles. The car's serial number would indicate that it was the 85th 1208 Limousine built. It is one of three listed today in the roster of the Classic Car Club of America. The interior is still original and looks fantastic, if you appreciate authentic patina.
Options on this car included:
- Dual sidemounted spare tires with covers and mirrors.
- Pilot Ray driving light.
- Trunk rack with bumper and matching trunk.
- Original exhaust heater for front and rear compartments (now disconnected.)
- Harmonic shock absorbing bumper
- Period vintage turn signals
- Cormorant radiator mascot
Finally, the 472ci V12 engine runs strong and smooth with no unusual sounds and no smoke. It's also whisper quiet, as a luxury car like the Packard Twelve should be.