2007 Pontiac Solstice SD-290 Race Concept - Unveiled at SEMA
2007 Pontiac Solstice SD-290 Race Concept - Unveiled at SEMASource: Pontiac
Detroit, Michigan, U.S.A.
portfolio | web site
Posted: 30 Oct 2007
PONTIAC SOLSTICE SD-290 RACE CONCEPT
Designed to evoke the emotions of classic sports cars, the Pontiac Solstice SD-290 race concept captures the purposeful design of vintage racecars. The design is dramatic, featuring a passenger cockpit tonneau cover and a driver windscreen, creating a pure racecar that looks ready to take the checkered flag even while sitting on the starting grid.
Aerodynamics have been improved and the SD-290's weight reduced with the removal of the windshield, side glass, window regulator, convertible top, climate system and windshield wiper system. Complementing the design are new side fender gill panels, a new hood with heat extracting grilles and a competition red paint scheme.
Backing up the race-ready appearance is the available Club Sport Z0K suspension package and an all-business cockpit filled with auxiliary gauges, a roll bar and racing seat.
* Pontiac Solstice SD-290 race concept
* 2.0L Ecotec direct-injected and turbocharged generating 290 horsepower
* Five-speed manual transmission
* Weight reduction through installation of driver-side only windscreen and elimination of door glass/hardware, convertible top/hardware, HVAC system and wiper system
* Solo Performance cat-back exhaust system with center-mounted outlet
* KW Automotive coil-over suspension package
* Three-piston aluminum calipers with 13-inch rotors from Stainless Steel Brake Company
* Forged 19-inch wheels with Hoosier R6 racing tires
* New front fascia, grille inserts, hood and front fenders, leading to better aerodynamics
* Passenger-side hard tonneau cover
* Competition red exterior color
* Rear spoiler
* Tinted headlamp lenses
* Removable racing-style steering wheel
* Racing seat with four-point safety harness
* Chrome fire extinguisher
* Pegasus center console gauge package
* Driver's roll bar
From Twitter05/09/2013 - DentKingBC - photo
This is a 2007 Pontiac Solstice which a customer brought to our shop.
05/05/2013 - DLmanuals - link
‘07 Pontiac Solstice 2007 Owners Manual
05/03/2013 - findcarsin - link
2007 Pontiac Solstice 2dr Convertible at CarMax Norcross in Norcross, GA 30071:
04/26/2013 - helpowl - link
2007 Pontiac Solstice question: Coolant Light Came On. My coolant light came on and went off 3 times after a 45 min -
Web Page Copyright © 1998-2013 MotorCities.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Pontiac Solstice Pictures and all other Media Copyright of Respective Owners.
Upload Yours | Car Pictures | Car Stock Photos | Site Map