1967 Lotus Elan S3
1967 Lotus Elan S3Source: private party
Posted: 13 Feb 2007
Lotus Elan S3 convertible that has always been a California car and has served as a reliable daily driver. This beautiful car features the sought after Weber cylinder head and lives up to the performance associated with the marque. Some of the technical attributes of the Lotus are as follows:
* Strong engine; compression on all cylinders is 185 psi.
* Steel frame is rust-free
* Mallory breakerless ignition (with tachometer converted to electronic)
* Koni dampers
* Gear reduction starter
* Holley electric fuel pump
* Removable hard top (rare) in body color (French Blue)
* Elan roll bar (currently not installed)
* Custom wheels to fit wider tires (Yokohama Advan-032R); original set of wheels come with car as well
* Dave Bean headers
* Original Chapman Ã¢â‚¬Å“signedÃ¢â‚¬Â steering wheel
* Upgraded gas tank
* Shop manual and past receipts
This Elan is in excellent condition:
* Engine, transmission, and brakes work perfectly.
* Nice blue paint with no stress cracks that I can find but has a few fine scratches and some minor chips and imperfections.
* Chrome work is good overall but there is pitting at the tail lights and the knock-offs show use.
* The seats are great, carpet is ok, wood dash shows wear, but has no cracks or delaminating, new pillar pieces, top of dash intact but a little wavy.
* Soft top is intact with no rips, but is worn. Rear window cloudy.
* Gauges are all working, all lights work, electric windows work but the passenger side is a little sluggish, heater blower works.
* Roto-flexes are relatively new.
From Twitter04/07/2013 - innerinner - link
All Weather Car Cover fits Lotus Elan plus 2 +2 1967-1975 $54.45
Web Page Copyright © 1998-2013 MotorCities.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Lotus Elan Pictures and all other Media Copyright of Respective Owners.
Upload Yours | Car Pictures | Car Stock Photos | Site Map