1969 Lotus Elan +2
This Lotus Elan+2 has recently been restored to it's former elegance. In addition to a car that looks beautiful and drives wonderfully, much of the interior and some mechanical components have been restored. Recent improvements include:
1. New custom felt and carpets.
2. The finest dash guy in the country made the burled walnut dash.
3. A Sikorski master electrician inspected, repaired and replaced any faulty wiring issues while the dash and interior were exposed.
4. New relays have been installed to make the doors operate like a modern car and added an MSD electronic ignition.
5. The wiper arm assembly and washer motor have been replaced and now work beautifully.
6. The tires have less than 250 miles on them.
7. Much of the suspension has less than 500 miles on it.
8. The carburetor works beautifully.
9. The car never runs hot, even in 90+ degree weather.
10. The oil pressure is superb.
11. New rear speakers have been installed with new wiring (two RCA cables) clear to the trunk.
12. The car has a new front windshield and new seals (front and rear).
13. The gas tank has been replaced and re-engineered so petrol fumes don't enter the passneger cabin (as they do in most cars of this vintage). The +2s vented the tank by having two plastic tubes travel above the headliner. It was a dim-witted design and most +2s smell of petrol. Also, the plastic tubes deteriorate over time. We created a venting system similar to SpyderÃ¢â‚¬™s by reworking the existing fill tube to incorporate a vent fitting by cutting a metal tube and welding on an aircraft fitting with a hose connection.
14. We also rebuilt the headlight control unit.
15. We removed the center console (front and rear) and hand built a replacement that will last a lifetime. The old ones become brittle and deteriorate over time.
From Twitter11/29/2013 - - photo
Nice line up in the workshop this evening. 1969 Lotus Elan, Noble M12 GTO and two VW Golf R32s
06/02/2013 - LegendarySpeed - link - photo
Lotus : Other 2dr 1969 Lotus Elan Series 4 Convert -
05/19/2013 - CandSCmagazine - link
Help James Elliott keep the bailiffs at bay and in return you get a Lotus Elan +2, what could be better?
05/01/2013 - guidobaechler - link
I liked a @YouTube video 1969 Lotus Elan - Jay Leno's Garage
04/29/2013 - chillyspoon - link
Epic 1969 Lotus Elan - Jay Leno's Garage:
04/26/2013 - chazbaz1 - link
04/24/2013 - Evanmatzzz - link
1969 Lotus Elan - Jay Leno's Garage: via @youtube Jay Leno is a badass.
Source: private party
Posted: 30 Jan 2007
From WikipediaLotus Elan is the name of two convertible cars and one fixed head coupé produced by Lotus Cars. The original Type 26, 26R Racing version (of the S1 Elan), 36R Racing version (of the S2 Elan), 36 Fixed Head Coupe, 45 Drop Head Coupe, and the "Type 50" +2 Coupe, circa 1962 to 1975, are commonly known as the '60s Elans. The Type M100 from 1989 to 1995, is also commonly known as the 1990s Elan.
Web Page Copyright © 1998-2013 MotorCities.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Lotus Elan Pictures and all other Media Copyright of Respective Owners.
Upload Yours | Car Pictures | Car Stock Photos | Site Map