1969 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible ZL1 Reproduction
Related Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Videos
1969 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible ZL1 ReproductionSource: Mark VII Classic Cars
Aurora, Colorado, U.S.A.
portfolio | web site | contact
Posted: 12 Sep 2005
This vehicle was a matching number original 427 ci 435 hp, big block car. It took three years to complete the total frame-off restoration with all the modifications to duplicate the original ZL1 Corvette.
There were only two ZL1 Corvettes produced in 1969, the original Daytona yellow car appraised for over one million dollars. It took many years for the car to be produced and every detail of the car was meticulously installed.
The power plant is a Donovan aluminum big block 509 ci, that has taken this car over speeds of 180 mph. All the Donovan engine parts were machined to exact tolerances before the engine was hand assembled.
The following is the special speed equipment incorporated in the power plant:
1. The heads were ported and flowed by Bud Harper Performance.
2. A set of roller rockers ride on a Competition Cams camshaft.
3. The top side of the induction system includes an L88 intake manifold and an 850cfm double-pumper carburetor by Barry Grant, 850cfm reworked to 1000cfm.
4. A set of Diamond forged pistons 4.50 bored 12.5:1 with Oliver rods and a specially prepared Windberg Crank, 4.00 stroke. To insure proper lubrication, the engine holds seven quarts of oil in the huge Hamberger pan.
5. It has aluminum heads, D port 2.300 intake valves.
6. The transmission is a Richmond 6 speed with the 6th gear .62 overdrive.
7. The rear end is a 3.08:1 positraction, pro built by Perfect Pattern in South California with pump and cooler.
8. The braking system is a stock 4 piston Delco. The front brakes have air ducted to the rotors from the front spoiler.
The exterior paint is a base coat clear coat in Daytona Yellow with a black restored interior. The Hooker Header side pipes are similar to what was available in 1969. Vintage GT-40 knockoff wheels made by PS Engineering, have 255/50ZR-16 radial tires on the rear and 245/50ZR-16 on the front for better traction. The roll cage and the five point racing harness are bolted in place for easy removal.
This car is a s fast as it looks and has achieved speeds in excess of 180 mph and we believe it could surpass 200 mph in theory. It averaged a 123.93 mph on a 90 mile open road race.
This is an investment grade American Muscle Car for the discriminating driver or collector.
From Twitter05/15/2013 - peterkhachaduri
@MadMen_AMC the lemans blue corvette 2 episodes ago when they visit chevrolet was a 1969 not a 1968 :)
05/08/2013 - VintageCarz - link
Chevrolet : Corvette Red Leather 1969 Corvette Convertible
05/03/2013 - CarDesignNews - photo
Pic of the Day Ex-GM design chief Bill Mitchell stands alongside the 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Manta Ray concept
05/03/2013 - print_coupon - link
CHEVROLET CORVETTE CARPET COMPLETE WITH FRONT PAD (1968 68 1969 69 ): Number of pieces included in the kit is ...
05/01/2013 - breynolds1423 - link - photo
“@_SweetRides: 1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray! ” I want this right now
05/01/2013 - _SweetRides - photo
1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray!
05/01/2013 - CutterChevy - photo
It's a car you want to drive... (1969 Corvette Stingray L88 Coupe)
04/29/2013 - JessicaMcNelly - photo
Yupp I will own this car in my lifetime!
04/26/2013 - InspectMyRide - link
1969 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray For more information regarding 3rd party inspection services, plea
Web Page Copyright © 1998-2013 MotorCities.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Pictures and all other Media Copyright of Respective Owners.
Upload Yours | Car Pictures | Car Stock Photos | Site Map