1969 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible ZL1 Reproduction
Source: Mark VII Classic CarsAurora, Colorado, U.S.A.
Portfolio | Web Site | Contact
Posted: 12 Sep 2005
Specs & DetailsExterior Color: yellow
Interior Color: black
About This 1969 Chevrolet Corvette ConvertibleThis vehicle was a matching number original 427 ci 435 hp, big block car. It took three years to complete the total frame-off restoration with all the modifications to duplicate the original ZL1 Corvette.
There were only two ZL1 Corvettes produced in 1969, the original Daytona yellow car appraised for over one million dollars. It took many years for the car to be produced and every detail of the car was meticulously installed.
The power plant is a Donovan aluminum big block 509 ci, that has taken this car over speeds of 180 mph. All the Donovan engine parts were machined to exact tolerances before the engine was hand assembled.
The following is the special speed equipment incorporated in the power plant:
1. The heads were ported and flowed by Bud Harper Performance.
2. A set of roller rockers ride on a Competition Cams camshaft.
3. The top side of the induction system includes an L88 intake manifold and an 850cfm double-pumper carburetor by Barry Grant, 850cfm reworked to 1000cfm.
4. A set of Diamond forged pistons 4.50 bored 12.5:1 with Oliver rods and a specially prepared Windberg Crank, 4.00 stroke. To insure proper lubrication, the engine holds seven quarts of oil in the huge Hamberger pan.
5. It has aluminum heads, D port 2.300 intake valves.
6. The transmission is a Richmond 6 speed with the 6th gear .62 overdrive.
7. The rear end is a 3.08:1 positraction, pro built by Perfect Pattern in South California with pump and cooler.
8. The braking system is a stock 4 piston Delco. The front brakes have air ducted to the rotors from the front spoiler.
The exterior paint is a base coat clear coat in Daytona Yellow with a black restored interior. The Hooker Header side pipes are similar to what was available in 1969. Vintage GT-40 knockoff wheels made by PS Engineering, have 255/50ZR-16 radial tires on the rear and 245/50ZR-16 on the front for better traction. The roll cage and the five point racing harness are bolted in place for easy removal.
This car is a s fast as it looks and has achieved speeds in excess of 180 mph and we believe it could surpass 200 mph in theory. It averaged a 123.93 mph on a 90 mile open road race.
This is an investment grade American Muscle Car for the discriminating driver or collector.
Search For More Chevrolet Corvette Convertible
Web Page Copyright © 1998-2014 MotorCities.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Chevrolet Corvette Convertible Pictures and all other Media Copyright of Respective Owners.